× Members

UC50 Form Question

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285004 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic UC50 Form Question
Pretty much what ANDREW says, he is spot on
the more detailed information you give them the better, the doctor will only give them minimal info and collect their dues for very basic info that wont help you one iota, ask them to converse with you before sending any info cause they really dont understand the descriptors or the need for accurate info

get GP reports, CMHT reports, psychologist reports, counsellor reports and send them a copy, i always write a personal statement that details everything, i also self-score myself with the descriptors and tell them the score and what i should be getting, never leave it to an assessor that doesnt know you or your condition to award points, they will underscore you at every opportunity, copy the descriptors and award urself scores based on what u should score, clearly tell them what you think this score should be and what rate u should be given, remember these descriptors are the law, if u think they are underscoring you, remind them they are breaking the law

As for the information that cannot be shared, i believe it is the substantial risk clause? They dont like you going down this route and are trying to get rid of it, but if u think u are a substantial risk or yourself or to others then you should automatically go into the LCWRA group
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285169 by Louise
Replied by Louise on topic UC50 Form Question
DWP still haven't acknowledged my appeal, what happens now? Are they preventing me from getting a hearing date?

Kind regards

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285190 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic UC50 Form Question
Hi Louise

I'm sorry you are still waiting. I know it feels like the DWP are deliberately trying to prevent you from having a hearing, but that isn't the case - and it's not something they can do. The Tribunal Service organises the appeal. The DWP often misses deadlines, especially if they have a lot of ongoing appeal cases. You can contact the Tribunal Service and ask them what is going on. They will tell you whether they are going to give the DWP more time to respond. Don't try and contact the DWP about it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 1 week ago #285575 by Louise
Why are the decision makers contacting me?? I am really SCARED!!

Good afternoon,

I am the decision maker presently reviewing your Work Capability Assessment (WCA) decision’s appeal (Appeal Ref: ). I would like to call you tomorrow to discuss this WCA appeal with yourself. Please make yourself available for this call. If this date and/or time is not to your convenience, please let me know, through a journal message, when it would be convenient for you to receive my call.

kind regards,
Universal Credit-dispute resolution service
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
10 months 1 week ago #285605 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC50 Form Question
Hi Louise

They may want to offer you either LCW or LCWRA, look at page 22/26 of our guide to see which descriptor applies to you help-for-claimants/esa1

Don't feel rushed, if the date and time is not convenient and you need someone with you then let them know on your journal.

Let us know how you get on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise

More
10 months 1 week ago #285612 by Louise
I already get LCW but i think i should get LCWRA.
I have looked at the descriptors and at least two apply to be so i am going to write notes.

Kind regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.