× Members

PIP rejection

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #294334 by DJT71
PIP rejection was created by DJT71
Hi. I have been refused PIP and need to appeal via Mandatory Reconsideration. There are a lot of discrepancies in my report as well as important information being missed out. Some examples are: I do not use public transport or mix with other people due to anxiety and fear of being exposed to infections and triggers. I also struggle to engage with people face to face because of these reasons, therefore I avoid doing this. I also cannot plan a journey on my own due to my anxiety. I also suffer from fatigue and therefore is not safe for me to cook a meal. However, the Assessor has stated in his report that I can do all of these things! He even said I do not suffer from anxiety or fatigue! I have COPD, Asthma, Crohn’s Disease and Generalised Anxiety Disorder. I have recently started taking antidepressants and start counselling next week. I am also on medication for my COPD and Asthma and have regular appointments and respiratory tests. The rejection letter also stated that because I can make a cup of tea that means I can prepare and cook a meal! Please can you offer some advice on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #294435 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP rejection
Hi DJT71

I answered your post about this here

benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-esa-...s/146807-refused-pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.