× Members

PIP rejection

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #294334 by DJT71
PIP rejection was created by DJT71
Hi. I have been refused PIP and need to appeal via Mandatory Reconsideration. There are a lot of discrepancies in my report as well as important information being missed out. Some examples are: I do not use public transport or mix with other people due to anxiety and fear of being exposed to infections and triggers. I also struggle to engage with people face to face because of these reasons, therefore I avoid doing this. I also cannot plan a journey on my own due to my anxiety. I also suffer from fatigue and therefore is not safe for me to cook a meal. However, the Assessor has stated in his report that I can do all of these things! He even said I do not suffer from anxiety or fatigue! I have COPD, Asthma, Crohn’s Disease and Generalised Anxiety Disorder. I have recently started taking antidepressants and start counselling next week. I am also on medication for my COPD and Asthma and have regular appointments and respiratory tests. The rejection letter also stated that because I can make a cup of tea that means I can prepare and cook a meal! Please can you offer some advice on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #294435 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP rejection
Hi DJT71

I answered your post about this here

benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-esa-...s/146807-refused-pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid