× Members

Universal Credit (LCW) review - Video Assessment

More
1 week 22 hours ago #294799 by Larry1234
Replied by Larry1234 on topic Universal Credit (LCW) review - Video Assessment
Hi Gary,

I am very pleased to say that I have been awarded LCWRA.

My ID and financial documents have been accepted as part of the UC review. However I will have to take part in a telephone appointment. I thought that this'd be the end of it. Is there anything to be concerned about with the interview?

On another matter I recently received a text saying that my PIP review is complete and that I will receive the decision letter within 2 weeks. Hopefully this will continue the award at least at the level it is now.

Larry1234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 16 hours ago #294814 by Gary
Hi Larry1234

Congratulations on your award, whenever someone applies for UC they have to undergo an appointment usually face2face, you then agree a claimant commitment;

The conditions for claiming Universal Credit are set out in a "claimant commitment" that most people will have to accept at the beginning of their claim. If you are part of a couple, you will each have a separate claimant commitment that may be different from each other's.

People who may not need to accept a commitment include those who lack capacity, those who have exceptional circumstances  where it would be unreasonable to expect them to agree a commitment (this is decided by the work coach on a case by case basis), or, From 15 February 2022 people with a terminal illness and less than 6 months to live were also excluded, and from 4 April 2023 this was extended to 12 months.

There are 4 conditionality groups:

* Group 1. No work related requirements
* Group 2. Work-focused interview requirement
* Group 3. Work preparation requirement
* Group 4. All work-related requirements

www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Claimant-commitment-Universal-Credit

As your PIP review has been completed you can ask for a copy of the assessors report called a PA4 or if paper review PA3.

Good luck🤞

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Larry1234

More
1 day 22 hours ago #295002 by Larry1234
Replied by Larry1234 on topic Universal Credit (LCW) review - Video Assessment
Hi Gary,

I had my UC telephone call and found that the DWP needs statements for *all* active accounts held in my name for the last 4 months. I already supplied bank details but it is more than this. It includes things such as Paypal (wallet) or The National Lottery (wallet for buying tickets and receiving winnings) or Bitcoin, no matter how small the amount in them. I have made a full disclosure even with tiny holdings and will try to keep things clear via my Journal to prevent misunderstandings.

Some of this is quite a bother as some of these accounts are not so easy to turn into a format the the DWP will accept as an upload, or may not have a full history.

These detailed reviews I am told is a new thing which is being rolled out for all claimants with possible further 6 monthly reviews during a claim.

With regard to my UC award I've already completed my "claimant commitment" which is to login to my journal often and check my to-do's . It seems that this part of the review is complete and the rest is to do with financial proofs.

I am very pleased to say that my PIP decision has been received and I retain what I am getting at the moment, standard mobility and daily living, with an "ongoing" award. My UC LCWRA award is going to be reviewed sometime in the future. I'm not sure whether I will be getting an increase in the UC benefit as a result of the change from LCW to LCWRA?

As I'm going to have to get these statements and submit them I'll update this post as things develop, as it is likely that there will be a further telephone call before the review is complete.

Larry1234
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.