× Members

Universal Credit (LCW) review - Video Assessment

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294199 by Larry1234
Hi everyone,

I had hoped that my questionnaire submitted quite some time ago would have been accepted for a continued award. However I have to attend a video assessment instead.

At least I don't have to go to a centre. Is this a good sign, or just cost cutting?

This will be the 4th problem I've had with the DWP if things don't go as they should. ESA denied ('Phantom wheelchair' excuse used) years ago. UC and PIP denied and reversed by successful appeals to HMCTS. With this history I'm wondering whether this is just a step to another benefit denial.

Comments appreciated.

If anything interesting happens I will update this post.

Larry1234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294218 by Gary
Hi Larry1234

I do not think you can put any spin on it, whether or not you had a video, face to face or telephone assessment.

We have come across a few members on the forum who have had a video assessment.

Did you send in a copy of your previous tribunal decision with your review?

As it is a WCA review, you have to wait until a decision has been made before asking for a copy of the assessors report called a UC85.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Larry1234

More
1 month 1 week ago #294240 by Larry1234
Replied by Larry1234 on topic Universal Credit (LCW) review - Video Assessment
Hi Gary,

I did send in a copy of my previous tribunal decision. (As I have done with my PIP review, which they haven't done yet. It's over the end date of the award. DWP says they'll keep paying 'till the review is completed.)

Larry1234

(I sent in a reply some hours ago but it hasn't appeared - so I'm reposting, just in case something went wrong.)

More
1 month 1 week ago #294246 by Gary
Hi Larry1234

There is nothing in the holding pen, your last post was; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...eo-assessment#294199

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #294382 by Larry1234
Replied by Larry1234 on topic Universal Credit (LCW) review - Video Assessment
Hi Gary,

I recently attended my WCA with Maximus.

Apart from additional info. needed for 2 issues (CFS/ME and mobility) I was told that the details I had submitted for the review was completely satisfactory. For the first time I left an assessment with a positive outlook. If there is any trouble it'll very likely be down to the DWP, as I don't think they'll be given an easy way to deny my current health status from the WCA, as has happened in the past.

I should be moved from LCW to LCWRA for mobility due to being less than 50m of movement. (Funnily enough when looking through my PIP appeal decision from years ago., I was awarded 10 points for 20m to not more than 40m descriptor for mobility then and things have not got better.)

I'll update or start a new topic when I receive the decision.

Larry1234

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294450 by Gary
Hi Larry1234

Thanks for the up date, your story does help fellow members who are going through the same situation as yourself.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.