× Members

Pip due date for forms returned falls on a Sunday!

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293908 by Fleur33
Hi,
The Pip review forms stated they had to be returned by August 4th but as that date falls on a Sunday just concerned my forms will get lost.
Do PIP workers work on a weekend? I sent them by special delivery.

Thanks
Fleur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293932 by Gary
Hi Fleur33

You are leaving it very late, you should have contact DWP and requested an extension.

You need to send your forms by special delivery to enable them to arrive by Monday, I would advise you to check when the forms arrived and then contact DWP to check they have been placed on the system.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fleur33

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293950 by Fleur33
Hi,
I did write to PIP sent by special delivery as unable to get through by phone, asking if I could have longer to complete as the renewal forms as they arrived at my address very late so I did not have 4 weeks as they stated.
I stayed up through the night to complete them in the end and sent them Friday by guaranteed next day ( Saturday delivery) to arrive by August 3rd and paid £13.59!

Checked on Post Office site and they have still not arrived.
Very worrid as it contains a lot of personal and embarrassing healthinfo and now it is lost.
Thanks
Fleur

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293968 by BIS
Hi Fleur33

If you have not had confirmation through the Post Office Website that your forms have been delivered today, you need to contact the DWP ASAP. I know it's a drag to hold on the phone and not get through, but you just need to hold and hold - and yes it could take more than an hour to get through. First thing in the morning is a good time to ring if you can.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #294034 by Fleur33
Hi, I contacted Royal Mail and they said my package had finally arrived yesterday! Still not showing as delivered on their website just in transit. I did get through to PIP by phone and the woman there said it was logged in as being delivered to them today. I don’t know if my claim will be cancelled? I have sent PIP a letter enclosing a copy of what the Royal mail website shows re my package also proof of the date I sent it.
Thanks
Fleur

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #294063 by BIS
Hi Fleur33

Well done for persevering and getting through to the DWP. I wouldn't expect them to cancel your claim for being a day late.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.