× Members

Passport application

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293964 by DJMH15
Replied by DJMH15 on topic Passport application
Hi
I paid a solicitor, it wasn’t a lot. He was really helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293967 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Passport application
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Is there any chance you could give me the details of the solicitor you used please? This is the most pressing thing on my mind right now, so I really want to resolve it asap. Kind regards

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293969 by Steve
Hi Bud, Thanks for the suggestion. I applied for a Voter Authority Certificate this morning. Have you found it useful for ID purposes, other than being able to vote in person?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293981 by DJMH15
Replied by DJMH15 on topic Passport application
Hi
I just used a local solicitor. He didn't know me, and I said was that a problem, and he said no, there were ways round that (for a soliticor). I did take in various things to help him identify me, such as proof of address (council tax, etc) and I do have a driving licence. But, basically, it all sailed through.
Also, I went upto the passport office in person, just to get it all done faster because at the time there was alot of problems with delays. I booked that appointment on line and i think the whole thing took about a month.
Like you, it consumed my mind for the whole time and I wasn't able to think about much else. But you will get it done, and if you don't mind me offering a suggestion based on own experience...write a list of what needs to be done, and just take it one step at a time in that order. Starting with going to your local solicitor.
Try not to worry :)...By christmas it will all be in the bag, most likely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo, Gary

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293982 by Steve
Could anyone reading this please recommend or help me find a solicitor that would countersign my passport application? I received another email from the passport office today, stating that they would accept this. Many thanks

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293989 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Passport application
Steve, to be honest I’ve only used it twice to vote so far. But I’m sure that I’ll be using it in future because apart from the Voter Authority Certificate, they usually only seem to ask for a passport or driving licence these days. I was thinking maybe for UC.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.