× Members

PIP & working.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293495 by JJ
PIP & working. was created by JJ
Hi
I'm helping a family member with a PIP telephone assessment due 19/7/24.
It is an application based on mental health issues, the applicant has managed to work with sometimes reduced hours & extra support, & a substantial amount of time spent off sick, which they are currently.
I am concerned that the fact that they have been able to hold down a job, may actually work against them at the assessment.

The concern is because I am wondering if the assessor will see any work activity as an example of capability, which will cancel out what we are trying to demonstrate for difficulties experienced in daily living.

I am not sure how much they would normally focus on what a person does for work. If you have any advice in this area, I would be very grateful.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293501 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP & working.
Hi JJ

People can work and claim PIP, but you can almost guarantee that the assessor will focus on their ability to work. So make sure you have a list of all the difficulties when they were able to work. Then push hard on the fact that they have been unable to work because of the mental health issues.

I hope it goes well, and I hope that you have asked for the assessment to be recorded. If you haven't, make sure that you record the interview covertly.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.