× Members

PIP & working.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293495 by JJ
PIP & working. was created by JJ
Hi
I'm helping a family member with a PIP telephone assessment due 19/7/24.
It is an application based on mental health issues, the applicant has managed to work with sometimes reduced hours & extra support, & a substantial amount of time spent off sick, which they are currently.
I am concerned that the fact that they have been able to hold down a job, may actually work against them at the assessment.

The concern is because I am wondering if the assessor will see any work activity as an example of capability, which will cancel out what we are trying to demonstrate for difficulties experienced in daily living.

I am not sure how much they would normally focus on what a person does for work. If you have any advice in this area, I would be very grateful.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293501 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP & working.
Hi JJ

People can work and claim PIP, but you can almost guarantee that the assessor will focus on their ability to work. So make sure you have a list of all the difficulties when they were able to work. Then push hard on the fact that they have been unable to work because of the mental health issues.

I hope it goes well, and I hope that you have asked for the assessment to be recorded. If you haven't, make sure that you record the interview covertly.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid