× Members

When should I update?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293380 by Kevsue19
When should I update? was created by Kevsue19
Hi again! I am currently waiting to hear back having sent my review form back in December. On top of all my current challenges after losing my husband 2 weeks ago, I have had the results of my spinal MRI which I will summarise by saying my spine is deteriorating badly. I have now been referred to a spinal surgeon to see if anything can be done. So the pain I have assumed ( and GP has assumed!) might not caused by fibromyalgia but is due toMultilevel degenerative changes with disc osteophytic disease ( and that’s only a part of it!)
I know this backs up all my mobility and daily challenges, as i know it’s just how it affects you rather than what is causing the issue, but when should I start sending the updated medical evidence? I had been on a 5 year review last time but part of me is now filled with dread thinking they will give me a shorter award as they might say medical treatment could improve it! On a positive note, maybe it would cure it and I would be able to walk better and be in less pain and then not actually need as much help! My brain is currently in “widow trauma” so I don’t want to send in more evidence which causes them to try to arrange a face to face or phone call too soon as I would just be a blubbering wreck!
Thank you for your support in my “darkest hour “😔

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293395 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic When should I update?
Hi Evelyn

I can't tell you what to do here - but I think you have enough on your plate.

I think I advised in a previous post that if you hear back about an assessment, I would request that they do a paper-based assessment because of your recent widowhood, and I would also send in the additional information on your back at that time.

If you send it in now - there is no telling whether they might treat this information as a change of circumstances and send your review to the back of the queue or whether they will just disregard it as your review is already in progress. I just can't tell you what they will do - but sending information in always risks it being misinterpreted which you can do without right now.

If you feel stronger over the coming weeks and you have heard nothing - if it feels right send it in.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevsue19

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.