× Members

When should I update?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293380 by Kevsue19
When should I update? was created by Kevsue19
Hi again! I am currently waiting to hear back having sent my review form back in December. On top of all my current challenges after losing my husband 2 weeks ago, I have had the results of my spinal MRI which I will summarise by saying my spine is deteriorating badly. I have now been referred to a spinal surgeon to see if anything can be done. So the pain I have assumed ( and GP has assumed!) might not caused by fibromyalgia but is due toMultilevel degenerative changes with disc osteophytic disease ( and that’s only a part of it!)
I know this backs up all my mobility and daily challenges, as i know it’s just how it affects you rather than what is causing the issue, but when should I start sending the updated medical evidence? I had been on a 5 year review last time but part of me is now filled with dread thinking they will give me a shorter award as they might say medical treatment could improve it! On a positive note, maybe it would cure it and I would be able to walk better and be in less pain and then not actually need as much help! My brain is currently in “widow trauma” so I don’t want to send in more evidence which causes them to try to arrange a face to face or phone call too soon as I would just be a blubbering wreck!
Thank you for your support in my “darkest hour “😔

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293395 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic When should I update?
Hi Evelyn

I can't tell you what to do here - but I think you have enough on your plate.

I think I advised in a previous post that if you hear back about an assessment, I would request that they do a paper-based assessment because of your recent widowhood, and I would also send in the additional information on your back at that time.

If you send it in now - there is no telling whether they might treat this information as a change of circumstances and send your review to the back of the queue or whether they will just disregard it as your review is already in progress. I just can't tell you what they will do - but sending information in always risks it being misinterpreted which you can do without right now.

If you feel stronger over the coming weeks and you have heard nothing - if it feels right send it in.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevsue19

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid