× Members

DWP asking me to take a photo of myself with my passport

• Anxious Anonymous
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 1 day ago #292820 by Anxious Anonymous
Dear B&W,

I am overwhelmed and severely stressed. My employer recently paid me 3k because of health dismissal and I declared the income and capital. UC wanted bank statements and savings account...

Now they're asking for me to take a photo of myself with my passport in my hand next to my face..

What the hell?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 day ago #292831 by BIS
Hi Anxious Anonymous

I can understand why this is distressing, but I can't tell you why they have requested you to do this.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 1 day ago #292836 by denby
Just sending sympathy to you A. A. We recently changed solicitors after a similar request. Chance would be a fine thing, my phone is for calls and texts [usefully less intrusive to the person] in and out, and certainly NOT for scanning QR codes, photographing myself and uploading or any such tech mullarkey!!!
I really don't know what I would do if young enough to have to deal with UC or ESA all done online. Pretty sure I couldn't cope, so I think it is disability discrimination by DWP.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anxious Anonymous

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.