× Members

DWP asking me to take a photo of myself with my passport

• Anxious Anonymous
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 1 day ago #292820 by Anxious Anonymous
Dear B&W,

I am overwhelmed and severely stressed. My employer recently paid me 3k because of health dismissal and I declared the income and capital. UC wanted bank statements and savings account...

Now they're asking for me to take a photo of myself with my passport in my hand next to my face..

What the hell?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 day ago #292831 by BIS
Hi Anxious Anonymous

I can understand why this is distressing, but I can't tell you why they have requested you to do this.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 1 day ago #292836 by denby
Just sending sympathy to you A. A. We recently changed solicitors after a similar request. Chance would be a fine thing, my phone is for calls and texts [usefully less intrusive to the person] in and out, and certainly NOT for scanning QR codes, photographing myself and uploading or any such tech mullarkey!!!
I really don't know what I would do if young enough to have to deal with UC or ESA all done online. Pretty sure I couldn't cope, so I think it is disability discrimination by DWP.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anxious Anonymous

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid