× Members

Managed Migration to UC and new Descriptors as of 2025

More
4 months 1 week ago #291493 by micksville
The cases where they had to apply for MR Gary? I thought that no ESA claimants had yet undergone managed migration or are these recent migrations from the ESA/Tax Credit groups?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #291495 by Gary
Hi micksville

These were mixed aged claimants where the eldest of the couple reach state pension age, ESA joint claim stops and the younger of the couple then has to apply for UC to get the housing element as usually HB will also stop.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: micksville

More
4 months 1 week ago #291497 by micksville
OK thanks a lot for your time Gary Much appreciated

More
4 months 1 week ago #291499 by micksville
One last question Gary though I appreciate it's late now and it'll be tomorrow at earliest before you can reply. I asked on forum a few weeks ago re the proposed changes to WCA descriptors with managed migration in mind, noting the DWP/Govt had stated these would be effective from 2025 and for "new claimants only". The answer I got , (I can't recall from which moderator), was that legacy claimants migrating by managed migration would be classed as new claimants. I took this to be especially pertinent in regard to these proposed WCA changes.
How does that sit with managed migration to UC for existing SG claimants? Would the claimant if in SG still be migrated automatically to LCWRA of UC, as you have explained on this topic earlier this evening, whilst they set a review/medical date to determine status going forward? Or would the DWP, assuming the migration was in 2025 and the proposed WCA changes are up and running , be inclined to just class the claimant as either fit for work or only entitled to LCW group according to the new criteria, whist a review date is sorted out, given they will be classed as a new claimant to UC . Sorry to confuse matters by asking these further questions but the reply I got some weeks ago re these Proposed WCA changes and being classed as a "new claimant" in regard to UC seem at odds with being migrated automatically to UC equivalent of SG, as different WCA criteria will probably be operational by then. Thanks in advance as I know you will try to answer as best you can.

More
4 months 1 week ago #291534 by Gary
Hi micksville

Under managed migration you are invited to apply for UC, you therefore are applying as a new claimant, the answer you received perviously was correct.

Until we know what the new criteria will be, we can only go by what it is at this moment in time.

We can only wait to see what the future brings in, there may be a change in government by then and everything that was going in goes out of the window.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: micksville

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.