× Members

PIP Tribunal and phone call

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287423 by ladypowys
PIP Tribunal and phone call was created by ladypowys
Hello, I applied for PIP and it came back to me with 0 points. The assessor seemed to be writing a report about a different person, rather than what I told him. I have a friend who was supporting me during the assessment and she advised to go for a MA decision. This came back with just 2 points. So I decided, with encouragement, to go for an Appeal. This was done and it was acknowledged by the Tribunal Service.
Yesterday I get a message from DWP to say they will be ringing me at 9am today. I waited and waited but no call. Eventually I called them back to ask why there was no call. The answer was that they were probably busy and would call back later. I told the woman I would have to go out for Dental Appt. That was fine, DWP would call back.
They did call back whilst I was at the Dental Surgery waiting for my transport to arrive. I know this might sound silly, but would it make a difference to my Appeal that the DWP woman could hear people chatting in the background?
The woman only wanted to know why I take pain medication and why I couldn't move and handle hot pots and pans. She said that she would now forward my records for the Appeal process. Is this a strange thing to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287446 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Tribunal and phone call
Hi Glen49bc

It would make no difference, you could have a radio on for all they know.

We do hear on the forum of members receiving phone calls to follow information DWP have, but I would not say it was the norm.

We will ask the question to members, have you received a phone call from DWP to clarify information prior to an appeal hearing, and what was the outcome?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ladypowys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.