× Members

PIP Tribunal and phone call

• ladypowys
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287423 by ladypowys
PIP Tribunal and phone call was created by ladypowys
Hello, I applied for PIP and it came back to me with 0 points. The assessor seemed to be writing a report about a different person, rather than what I told him. I have a friend who was supporting me during the assessment and she advised to go for a MA decision. This came back with just 2 points. So I decided, with encouragement, to go for an Appeal. This was done and it was acknowledged by the Tribunal Service.
Yesterday I get a message from DWP to say they will be ringing me at 9am today. I waited and waited but no call. Eventually I called them back to ask why there was no call. The answer was that they were probably busy and would call back later. I told the woman I would have to go out for Dental Appt. That was fine, DWP would call back.
They did call back whilst I was at the Dental Surgery waiting for my transport to arrive. I know this might sound silly, but would it make a difference to my Appeal that the DWP woman could hear people chatting in the background?
The woman only wanted to know why I take pain medication and why I couldn't move and handle hot pots and pans. She said that she would now forward my records for the Appeal process. Is this a strange thing to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287446 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Tribunal and phone call
Hi Glen49bc

It would make no difference, you could have a radio on for all they know.

We do hear on the forum of members receiving phone calls to follow information DWP have, but I would not say it was the norm.

We will ask the question to members, have you received a phone call from DWP to clarify information prior to an appeal hearing, and what was the outcome?

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ladypowys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid