× Members

PIP and UC claim

More
8 months 1 day ago #287238 by Annie333
PIP and UC claim was created by Annie333
Hi

I am disabled, in receipt of PIP since 2022 and having been made redundant recently now claiming universal credit . I informed the "work coach" of this who said if I needed to be referred for a work capability assessment I would need a fit note from my Dr. Is that correct ? I thought because I was already getting that benefit, I would be referred for an assessment ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 day ago #287250 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP and UC claim
Hi Annie333

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Your workcoach is correct, you need to give your workcoach a 'fit note' this starts your assessment phase, the assessment phase lasts 13 weeks, this means that when you are sent the WCA form called a UC50, if you are successful your claim will start from the 14 weeks when you handed in your fit note.

I would advise you to make a note on your journal when you hand in your fit note, it will then give you a timeline if there is any problems in the future, also take a screen shot with your phone.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie333

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.