× Members

PIP and UC claim

More
8 months 1 day ago #287238 by Annie333
PIP and UC claim was created by Annie333
Hi

I am disabled, in receipt of PIP since 2022 and having been made redundant recently now claiming universal credit . I informed the "work coach" of this who said if I needed to be referred for a work capability assessment I would need a fit note from my Dr. Is that correct ? I thought because I was already getting that benefit, I would be referred for an assessment ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 day ago #287250 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP and UC claim
Hi Annie333

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Your workcoach is correct, you need to give your workcoach a 'fit note' this starts your assessment phase, the assessment phase lasts 13 weeks, this means that when you are sent the WCA form called a UC50, if you are successful your claim will start from the 14 weeks when you handed in your fit note.

I would advise you to make a note on your journal when you hand in your fit note, it will then give you a timeline if there is any problems in the future, also take a screen shot with your phone.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annie333

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid