× Members

How long are the waits now after returning PIP forms?

More
8 months 1 week ago #286786 by andyw
Hi. I returned my forms in January 2023 and have heard nothing, other than they were passed to independent assessment services in early December 2023. I've heard nothing from assessment services since then.

The extension letter was virtyally worthless - simply stating 'You will continue to be paid PIP until we have assessed your claim.' (No mention as to what level of PIP, so in itself, is no help with re-applying for other mobility related concessisons).

I hope your wait is shorter than mine and that you get some positive news / results soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blueberry Owl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286794 by Blueberry Owl
Replied by Blueberry Owl on topic How long are the waits now after returning PIP forms?
Just to answer my own query, DWP told me today the backlog is about 24 weeks.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286810 by Gordon
B

It is likely to be for reviews, as far as I know, the DWP are still prioritising new claims.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286960 by Blueberry Owl
Replied by Blueberry Owl on topic How long are the waits now after returning PIP forms?
Just had a text from IAS saying they are now managing g my assessment and will contact me with an appointment if necessary. So maybe the 24 week wait is for IAS.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286971 by Gary
Hi Blueberry Owl

You have received a standard text, times vary across the regions, there is still a backlog although I did read that the delays are reducing but I do not have a time frame.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.