× Members

How long are the waits now after returning PIP forms?

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286653 by Blueberry Owl
Just wondered how long people are waiting to get an assessment after returning their forms?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286667 by Gordon
B

I don't think we have a clear picture of the delays still in the system, they have certainly improved from the 18 months that many members reported and there are regional variations to factor in as well.

My best guess is 6-12 months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Blueberry Owl

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286691 by Claire53
If any help i am in South East of England, Returned my review forms end October , i have today got letter with my award 17-01-24
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Blueberry Owl

More
8 months 1 week ago #286696 by b3x13
I have waited 10 months and I am not sure what to do know. My claim runs out in 2 months.
I'm thinking of phoning or writing.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286733 by Gordon
b

Your award should be automatically extended by the DWP if a Decision has not been made, this should happen 30 days before the current End Date. If you phone now then the Helpline staff will not be able to tell if this will happen so wait until you are within the lead time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
8 months 1 week ago #286781 by Blueberry Owl
Replied by Blueberry Owl on topic How long are the waits now after returning PIP forms?
I've just spoken to the DWP to confirm they have received something I sent them. Although I sent it special delivery all I can see is on the proof of delivery photo is a large box full of envelopes so I wanted to be sure they've put it on the system or whatever they do) - anyway a very nice call handler checked and it had been. So I asked him what sort of wait time it is at the moment and he said there is a backlog of about 24 weeks. I'm not sure if that is for new claims, existing claims etc...
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.