× Members

Update: PIP review with no extension period cover?

More
9 months 1 week ago #286447 by Gordon
W

Third and last time!

Your current award should have been extended again. You need to check with the DWP whether this has happened or not.

If it has been extended by a further year then the DWP should be able to provide a letter to this effect which you can use for a new Blue Badge although it will only last until the new End Date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wiggles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286448 by Wiggles
Hi Gordon,

Sorry - I thought I replied, I obviously hadn't. I didn't mean to annoy you or the team, my apologies. You're nothing but helpful and generous with your time.

I've contacted the DWP already, a couple of times. They've said they only extend '1 year plus 30 days, no more'. This is what they've done. I have a letter that says this, yes. But the extension ends in a couple of days.

If the extension ends in a couple of days and the DWP are telling me to 'be patient', and they don't offer more than '1 year, plus 30 days' I think I just have to accept this.

I believe I've understood you correctly, I believe what you're saying is that the DWP SHOULD be able to offer another extension of 30 days because they haven't completed their review in time. I presume if this is the case this would have been sent to me already. I will call them again.

Thanks.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286451 by Wiggles
Another update:

Called DWP again. Given a different story this time. Spoke with a very rude person who was dismissive and just didn't 'understand' what the extension was. Initially I shut down because of their behaviour toward to me, but then I pushed back and it looks like the extension letter will come through! It will be later than I'd hoped but I'll have one come through!

Thanks again Gordon and Team for everything! :cheer:

Sorry it took so long to get through to me. I'm a bit slow!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
9 months 1 week ago #286459 by BIS
Hi Wiggles

You are not slow! The strange workings of the DWP bring us all to the brink of distraction at one time or another. So glad that you are going to get your letter. Well done for not giving up when you had a less than helpful person on the phone.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 1 week ago #286486 by Wiggles
Hi BIS,

Thanks very much, couldn't have done it without you!

I would like to add though that I was told that we (recipients) are NOT entitled to an extension letter unless we outright say the reason for the letter. Even just saying we need the extension letter to apply for something isn't good enough we have to say what we're applying for specifically like a BB or maybe Occupational Therapy (I did but I was made to feel like I was somehow at fault for every time I was given the run around). I was told that the call centre staff are trained this way by a Manager.

This is more of an FYI for anyone else that's going through this. I ended up speaking with a CM who said this to me.

Thanks again for your help! I hope you all have a lovely Holiday period.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286495 by BIS
Hi Wiggles

That's really interesting and thanks for the information. I have to say I have never heard that before. You were entitled to the extension letter, and there was no need for a reason. I'm not doubting what you were told - and it's useful for everyone to know and be prepared - so thanks for letting us know.

I hope you too have a good holiday.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid