× Members

Pip refused, am very disappointed and feel let down

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286032 by Jiffy
Morning Chris.

Worrying and sleep deprivation are both an absolute breeze for me.

10 pages on A4 picking apart the health assessors report, then explanations and evidence of how I satisfy a large number of descriptors. Been at it since BIS gave me advice. Decided to call it a day at 7:30 this morning.

I’ve also waited since January when I sent off my PIP review and suffered loss of sleep and stress on so many days since then, waiting for a dreaded brown envelope.

I’m wide awake due to the anxiety and stress of it all.

Jiffy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286048 by BIS
Hi Jiffy

I hope you do manage to get some sleep now. Well done for going through it so thoroughly. Once you've sent it off - try and forget about it for a bit. Once it's gone - there is nothing more you can do

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiffy, Chris

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286067 by Chris
I'll second what BIS said. You can only do your best, and once it's gone, that's it, until the next stage.

Good luck, I have everything crossed for you having a successful outcome :)

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiffy

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286102 by Jiffy
Hi BIS and Chris

I was too mentally shattered to get some sleep right away but got sleepy tired mid-afternoon. Decided to hold back from going to bed then as I didn't want to be waking up at midnight-ish.

Went to bed at 6:30pm and slept all the way through till 9am this morning. It was the best nights sleep I've had in ages.

I'll let you all know the DWP decision when I get it. Could be anytime in the next 5 weeks.

I hope Jane gets her MR completed in good time, and then follow up at a tribunal if need be. Almost all decisions in my favour have been via a tribunal.

Jiffy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286234 by Washington Irving
Replied by Washington Irving on topic Pip refused, am very disappointed and feel let down
Hello Jane

I'm new to the forum (Hi everyone).

I just wanted to say "I hear you". As no doubt other people will concur and the written guides say, the PIP process is exhausting and can/does make people feel low.

I'm the same. It often feels too much & I feel like giving up - on life in general, not just the PIP merry-go-round.

I'm currently at the stage of writing up my appeal following the mandatory reconsideration notice.

It's been such a slog, especially when I've been very low, unwell and lots of other stuff adding to the weight on my shoulders (financial pressures, miserable at work, elderly parents struggling w/ Mum having spent time seriously ill in hospital, probably dementia and so on).

Anyway, remember you're not alone. And this demanding process isn't personal to you. Sadly many of us go through it. It's a horrible, nasty process and it does really knock you about. But don't give up - just do what you can and keep chipping away. What is that saying about the best way to eat an elephant... (poor eles!)

We're rooting for you.

David
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , ivyfox, Gary, Jiffy, Sherbet

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286236 by Gary
Hi David

You are correct it can seem like a merry go round, although to lots of claimants not very merry.

You would have thought, in today's electronic age that DWP could check someone's condition(s) at a touch of a button without having to go through all the additional stress.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Washington Irving

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.