× Members

ESA50 Form sent to complete over Christmas

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285988 by Navigator
Hi,

I have today 06 December 2023 been sent an ESA50 Capability for Work Questionnaire dated 03 December 2023, with an expected return date of 03 January 2024.
Given the last posing date before Christmas is 20th December 2023 I cannot possibly get this back to them by the 03 January 2024. Due to the post office not really delivering again until the new year?

This only gives me 25 days excluding bank holidays, and then 22 days if you exclude Sundays. I feel the general delay over the Christmas period to the post will prevent me from being unable to return this form in the required time, can I therefore reasonably ask for an extension, as Christmas is a very stressful time for me, and I know that I cannot do this given my mental health at most times, let alone at Christmas.

Kind regards

D Price
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286000 by BIS
Hi Navigator

Call the DWP and ask for an extension. I'm sure they will grant you one.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Navigator

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286037 by Navigator
Replied by Navigator on topic ESA50 Form sent to complete over Christmas
Hi Bis,

Called DWP this Moring 08.00 and they flatly refused to grant an extension. stating that they have never given extensions for ESA50 forms, and therefore would place a note on the system regarding my concern, but could not confirm it would help. So the form must be back by 03 Jan 2024 regardless.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286053 by BIS
Hi Navigator

Uhmmm. I know they never used to, but several people have reported being given an extension recently. Clearly, they are not prepared to show any Christmas spirit. It was worth a try.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Navigator

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286097 by Navigator
Replied by Navigator on topic ESA50 Form sent to complete over Christmas
Hi Bis, the issue is I have arthritis in my hands so I am having to type the form online, and this is taking me forever, also given my current mindset, I know that I cannot meet the deadline.
And it is too late too get any help with it, being December, I basically have just 14 days to fill out a form that would take me over the 28 days allowed.
I am close to breaking point, with this, and I will end up just shutting down and having to walk away from it. Why send a form in December?
When it is affected by the Postal service almost closing down for two weeks, but still expect claimants to get the forms back?

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286117 by Gary
Hi Navigator

I agree with BIS, they never used to allow extensions with a ESA50 form, but we heard from members on the forum where an extension has been allowed.

I suggest that you contact DWP and ask, you have nothing to loose, if you do ask for an extension make sure you ask before your time limit is up.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.