× Members

Pip tribunal info.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284703 by Filey
Pip tribunal info. was created by Filey
Hi, it's me again!! Can anyone tell me what is the longest that a pip tribunal can award you pip for , if you win the appeal? I'm curious to know! Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284714 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip tribunal info.
Hi filey,

This seems to be a tricky one to find out online, but from reading the link below - It is my understanding that it shouldn't go beyond 12 months, however I had a backdated one of over 2 years when I made my initial claim.

disabilityclaims.uk/pip-mandatory-reconsideration/

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Filey

More
11 months 1 week ago #284732 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip tribunal info.
F

I think Chris has misunderstood your question and has answered on the basis of how late an appeal can be made.

A Tribunal panel re-makes the original Decision and can award PIP for any period that is legal, in practice this would be an Ongoing award with a review not earlier than ten years, bearing in mind that the DWP can legally review an award at any time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 1 week ago #284737 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip tribunal info.
OK. Thank you very much. I was just curious.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284749 by Chris
Hi Gordon,

I read it as "what is the maximum backlog in time, a payment can go back too"

Regards, Chris.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284750 by Chris
By this - I meant also that say a tribunal is going on for 5 years for example, this person would get 5 years backdated money, but that website I sent the link too said 12 months, so I took that as, it could only be backdated a year, which I knew wasn't right, because I got over 2 years backdated money when I first applied for PIP because it took that long to sort out.
Apologies if that's not what was meant - sometimes my understanding of things can be different to other people, depending on the way something is worded.

Regards, Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.