× Members

Pip tribunal info.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284703 by Filey
Pip tribunal info. was created by Filey
Hi, it's me again!! Can anyone tell me what is the longest that a pip tribunal can award you pip for , if you win the appeal? I'm curious to know! Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284714 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip tribunal info.
Hi filey,

This seems to be a tricky one to find out online, but from reading the link below - It is my understanding that it shouldn't go beyond 12 months, however I had a backdated one of over 2 years when I made my initial claim.

disabilityclaims.uk/pip-mandatory-reconsideration/

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Filey

More
11 months 1 week ago #284732 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip tribunal info.
F

I think Chris has misunderstood your question and has answered on the basis of how late an appeal can be made.

A Tribunal panel re-makes the original Decision and can award PIP for any period that is legal, in practice this would be an Ongoing award with a review not earlier than ten years, bearing in mind that the DWP can legally review an award at any time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 1 week ago #284737 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip tribunal info.
OK. Thank you very much. I was just curious.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284749 by Chris
Hi Gordon,

I read it as "what is the maximum backlog in time, a payment can go back too"

Regards, Chris.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284750 by Chris
By this - I meant also that say a tribunal is going on for 5 years for example, this person would get 5 years backdated money, but that website I sent the link too said 12 months, so I took that as, it could only be backdated a year, which I knew wasn't right, because I got over 2 years backdated money when I first applied for PIP because it took that long to sort out.
Apologies if that's not what was meant - sometimes my understanding of things can be different to other people, depending on the way something is worded.

Regards, Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid