× Members

Air Fryers and PIP.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284393 by Staffy61.
Air Fryers and PIP. was created by Staffy61.
Good morning all.
Just preparing my draft PIP form. I had a thought regarding (air fryers). Does anyone know how these are viewed/assesed by PIP assessors/DWP

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #284395 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Air Fryers and PIP.
Hi Mindy's Mum,

I think depending on the type of HCP assessor you get, you never really know what one is going to think of in relation to a certain product. I remember reading on here, that if you can drive a car, that some assessors take it as you can peel fruit and veg.

I remember my assessor lied on 2 of her statements with my assessment.
1/ was saying that I reached out without any difficulty to the top of my cupboard to get the bread, which wasn't true - for a start, I can't reach the top of my cupboard without a stool or ladders, and I'm 5ft 10" and I always keep my bread at arms length on the bench, and 2/ was that I carried my washing basket from my bathroom to kitchen full of clothes at ease, which was another statement that was untrue. I've never owned a washing basket - I simply put all my clothes in the washer throughout the week, then on a weekend, I pull them all out, separate the whites and colours, and do 2 washes in the kitchen, and then hang them on the clothes horse indoors.
It's little things like this that seem to drop you points during your assessment - so I wouldn't be surprised if you get one that says there's no risk of harming in a deep fat fryer when cooking, because she uses an air fryer which doesn't use any oil, so can cook at ease. :(

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Chris.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284400 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Air Fryers and PIP.
M

You need to work within the Descriptors as written into law, so using the hob and a microwave.

So, it is not why you use an Air Fryer but rather why you cannot use a hob, assuming that this is the case. If successful I suspect the Fryer will be treated as a Microwave.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284410 by Staffy61.
Replied by Staffy61. on topic Air Fryers and PIP.
Thank you both for your replies. They were helpful.
Best wishes
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.