× Members

Air Fryers and PIP.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284393 by Staffy61.
Air Fryers and PIP. was created by Staffy61.
Good morning all.
Just preparing my draft PIP form. I had a thought regarding (air fryers). Does anyone know how these are viewed/assesed by PIP assessors/DWP

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #284395 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Air Fryers and PIP.
Hi Mindy's Mum,

I think depending on the type of HCP assessor you get, you never really know what one is going to think of in relation to a certain product. I remember reading on here, that if you can drive a car, that some assessors take it as you can peel fruit and veg.

I remember my assessor lied on 2 of her statements with my assessment.
1/ was saying that I reached out without any difficulty to the top of my cupboard to get the bread, which wasn't true - for a start, I can't reach the top of my cupboard without a stool or ladders, and I'm 5ft 10" and I always keep my bread at arms length on the bench, and 2/ was that I carried my washing basket from my bathroom to kitchen full of clothes at ease, which was another statement that was untrue. I've never owned a washing basket - I simply put all my clothes in the washer throughout the week, then on a weekend, I pull them all out, separate the whites and colours, and do 2 washes in the kitchen, and then hang them on the clothes horse indoors.
It's little things like this that seem to drop you points during your assessment - so I wouldn't be surprised if you get one that says there's no risk of harming in a deep fat fryer when cooking, because she uses an air fryer which doesn't use any oil, so can cook at ease. :(

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Chris.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284400 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Air Fryers and PIP.
M

You need to work within the Descriptors as written into law, so using the hob and a microwave.

So, it is not why you use an Air Fryer but rather why you cannot use a hob, assuming that this is the case. If successful I suspect the Fryer will be treated as a Microwave.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284410 by Staffy61.
Replied by Staffy61. on topic Air Fryers and PIP.
Thank you both for your replies. They were helpful.
Best wishes
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid