× Members

Hello I posted this but no reply. Wrong descriptors ticked/overpayment?

More
1 year 3 days ago #283858 by Agis
It's important to say that it was not as if this DWP person has given me time to think of what I want to do, it was not me just making the decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 days ago #283863 by BIS
Hi Agis

I know you want us to give you the 'right' answer of what you should do next - but we can't. You will have to choose what you think is right.

Gordon suggested you should park the issue of whether you should have been awarded. d or e. You raised the issue, and the DWP don't seem to be interested, so Gordon suggested writing to them to confirm the conversation so it is on record. No one can later say that you misinformed them.

Then there is the issue of whether you are now being forced to put in for an MR or send in additional information. No one has to put in for an MR, nor can they be forced to do so. It is the claimant's choice. If you think there are other issues that are wrong with the report - which you wish to raise and believe that you could score more highly, then you could do this through the MR process.

If you are still unsure whether you have to send in further information, or whether you will have to have a review before you go to university, or whether your best option is to do an MR - then you need to speak to the DWP. Only you know what you have already been told, and only you can clarify what the situation is. Otherwise, you will be left wondering whether or not you have done the right thing. Apart from the sound advice Gordon has given you, there's nothing else we can tell you that will put your mind at rest. As awful and stressful as it is - if you can't make a decision without further clarification, - you need to speak to the DWP.

BIS

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284246 by Agis
I'm sorry but I don't think you understand the situation. The assesor has made mistakes and I'm the one to pay for it. And no, it wasn't my choice to choose mandatory reconsideration, it's quite dismissive. I was made to do it by the woman I reported the issue to.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #284250 by BIS
Hi Agis

I'm sorry if you think I don't understand. All I am trying to say is that we can't tell you how to fight this. Yes, you have found yourself in a very unfair position through no fault of your own, but we don't have any other suggestions for a solution to where you are, other than the ones we have already made. I understand why you don't like them or why they might not feel right for you, and I certainly understand that it's unfair you are where you are - but none of that makes any difference. If you are to get any sort of resolution, you can only raise it with the DWP and raise the issue of being forced into completing an MR with the DWP or the complaints process. If you haven't tried already, you may want to see if your MP will get involved and fight on your behalf.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.