× Members

Hello I posted this but no reply. Wrong descriptors ticked/overpayment?

More
1 year 1 week ago #283626 by Agis
The assessor scored me 11 points for daily living. (Previously had an enhanced rate)And 10 points for mobility. I didn't have any mobility points on my previous award.

Yesterday I found out that they tried to call me but I changed Sims in my phone so I never answered their phone calls!:(

I will get back payment for mobility component. And I am awarded standard mobility rate (but due to psychological reasons). I have to say that I was happy, altough now I have some serious doubts.

I told the assessor that I can not go to places that I don't know without assistance. And I told her that I stay at home a lot.

She has marked that I can not go anywhere because of severe psychological distress. I was telling her that I don't go out due to my physical health problems and she marked that I can't go out anywhere because of being psychologically overwhelmed.

instead of ticking descriptor D she has chosen descriptor E. She mentions that my medical evidence I had sent points to this but it's not true. My evidence clearly states that I go out but I need some help with unfamiliar journeys.

I should have scored points for descriptor D. But she gave me points for descriptor E.

I don't want to be accused of cheating or benefit fraud.

I don't want PIP to become my prison now. I don't want them to tell me that they overpayed me.

I was planning on going to a University and at the same time keep my pip. I don't want them to take it away from me thinking that I lied to them.

I'm seriously scared now of going to Uni because maybe they will accuse me of fraud. Since my report states I'm only at home and can not go out anywhere due to overwhelming psychological distress.

I also live in a difficult situation with neighbours where they harass me so staying in all the time is not good for me.

In this situation where I feel that PIP will stop me from going to University because it's reported that I don't go out due to being psychologically overwhelmed. I don't think the money would be worth it!

I seriously don't want them to turn and say I commited a fraud when it was the assessor mistake. In this case extra money I got is not worth it! I can give it back just not to get into trouble because of descriptor she has ticked.

What should I do in this kind of situation especially since I was planning to go to Uni. How do I avoid loosing benefit and being accused of a fraud?

Should I call them and ask for Mandatory reconsideration because of that? Usually people do that if they want more money in my case descriptor is wrong.

Should I only tell them of change of circumstances only when I apply for University?

Should I report change of circumstances and say that I can go out?

Should I call and tell them that assessor made a clear mistake?

What should I do with something like this without getting in trouble? Because I dont want to feel mentally restricted because of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #283633 by Gordon
A

I've answered your original post

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/10-dla-e...d-overpayment#283626

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 4 days ago #283800 by Agis
Dear Gordon,

I had called PIP regarding descriptors and they connected me to a woman, she wasn't a call centre woman, she might have been a decision maker, I don't really know how to ask this question, I told her that the descriptor ticked by assessor is wrong and that it should have been D and not E, I told her that I do go out to familiar places but need support to places I don't know. I also told her that I was planning to go to a university (which thinking now I shouldn't tell her),she has advised me that even if I had descriptor D then going to a University would have been an unfamiliar place I don't know and I would need someone to show me a way there Was she right about what descriptor D means? She was harsh on me. I told her I had already been there. She made it seem as if even if I had appealed it it would still be the same. I am not sure if she was right at all and she pushed me towards MR. You said that descriptors D and E are in opposition to eachother and she made it seem that they are the same.

More
1 year 3 days ago #283848 by Gordon
A

I would not request an MR, the Decision is a Standard Mobility award, by your own testimony you would not score sufficiently for a higher award so there is no reason to do one.

What I would do is write to the DWP, confirming the telephone conversation and that they do not see any reason to revise the award. Send it using a tracked post so you have proof of delivery.

Then, park the issue. You have contacted the DWP and raised your concerns, they have decided to take no further action so you don't need to do anything further.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 3 days ago #283850 by Agis
Gordon, but there is also something else I have physical issues and I told them that I can't walk longer distances than 200 m. Therefore if they had reconsidered then maybe I would qualify for higher mobility.

I don't know what to do.

More
1 year 3 days ago #283855 by Agis
It was not like that that I had a choice over the phone to just leave it. The woman was extremely hash and had given me choices of either she sends me additional papers to fill in or Mandatory Reconsideration. She has been harsh and said these were the only choices. I have no idea what to do as I'm writing to doctors now for additional information. How can I now write to DWP if the woman has already offered me MR or filling another form? I froze and I didn't know what to do. I would gladly park the issue it's just that she has given me choices between if I go to University having another review, sending me additional papers to fill in or MR, I also told her that assesor has made more mistakes than just this one as I can't walk more than 200 meters. She put me under pressure and I said MR but that was under a pressure. Whats going to happen now? And how can I park the issue now? The assesor made a mess and I panicked.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.