× Members

Third time into the PIP ordeal.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286390 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
Hi Boomer,

I think it's only if you've been awarded - I've read on here of people calling the PIP enquiry line and it gives you an award amount if you're in the process of waiting I believe. It's never happened to me personally, but this could be due to me receiving my award, before that particular part of the system was implemented.

I totally know what you mean with this time of year - involves a lot of bad memories for me also - mainly loss of the closest people who were in my life at the time, and feeling alone. I think it's the most difficult time of year tbh.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286402 by Boomer
Replied by Boomer on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
Hello Chris, I'm really sorry to hear this time of year is difficult for you too. I think it's inherently a time of reflection, both of the good and bad. This not withstanding, I hope this Christmas proves to be less of an ordeal than it might.

Ok...
The letter arrived today and thanks to the advice from this forum I've been allowed to stay at my current rates, both on daily living and mobility, purely from the paper assessment. This is till the end of 2027.

I fully expected a f2f/ telephone assessment again so I'm incredibly relieved I don't have to go through that ordeal.

As advised on here, I treated the review as a new claim essentially and I filled the form out and sent off my evidence with that in mind. Having kept all the paperwork from my last claim made this far easier and I'd advice others to do the same.

I cannot begin to thank the Mods and forum users enough. Yet again.

I only wish everyone knew about this forum!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox, Gary, Chris

More
9 months 1 week ago #286424 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
Hi Boomer

Thank you for your kind words, congratulations on your award, you can now sit back and relax and enjoy the hussle and bussle of Christmas.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @ PAPER REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 1 week ago #286436 by Boomer
Replied by Boomer on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
Thank you Gary and may I wish you a Happy Christmas too.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286439 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
All the best from all the mods Boomer.

Regards, Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.