× Members

Third time into the PIP ordeal.

More
1 year 1 month ago #282877 by Boomer
Third time into the PIP ordeal. was created by Boomer
Notified via text that my award is up for review.

Rest assured, before pen even touches paper I'll read all the latest guidance for PIP on the site. I'd just like to ask a couple of small questions to ease my mind a little if that's ok?

Last review was in 2020, this one is about 6 months early but such is life.

Questions:

Last award was won via MR, the one before at tribunal. Been on PIP since '17 and DLA before that. Will this be a "soft touch" review? (Note; even if it is I believe the site says to treat it as a new claim and i will do exactly that?)

I live in the SE, is it still the dreaded ATOS /IAS carrying out pip reviews?

I should get the review letter "within 2 weeks". From the date in that letter do I get 6 weeks to get all the paperwork back to them?

Thank you as always for the help and reassurance. I don't know how I would cope with the PIP ordeal without this site and forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #282888 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
B

If you mean will this be a Light Touch review then no, these are reserved for claimants with an On-Going award.

If you mean a standard award review then yes but bear in mind that those assessing you are unlikely to have any information about the MR that resulted in the current award and certainly won't in regard to your appeal, so you would be advised to complete this new form in some detail.

Yes ATOS, under whatever name they are now operating under cover the SE.

Four weeks is given as standard for completing the form, you can request a two-week extension by contacting the PIP Helpline, there should be no problems with you doing this, further extensions usually require a Decision Maker to get involved.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 1 month ago #282935 by Boomer
Replied by Boomer on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
Sorry, that was indeed the phrase I meant, brain fog.

Thank you, I'll treat it as a new application effectively, and assume they know nothing.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #283195 by Boomer
Ok, so form PIP.1043 turned up yesterday giving me just over 2 weeks to complete it and send it back. I was hoping for longer but I don't think I'll ask for an extension as I think I just want to get this part over with. Only fly in the ointment is that my SAR request from my surgery might not be completed in time. That said I do already have almost all of the info I need, one way or another as apart from one new illness things are basically the same with my health.

Tomorrow I'll be reading and rereading the current guidance on the site but may I ask:

1) Is the AR1 form the same as the PIP.1043 as far as the info you provide?

2) A quick look at the 1043 form gives the impression that the sections are the same as the full/ normal PIP application document? If the sections/questions are basically the same, it's my intention to use the same descriptor replies (I made copies!) I used 3 years back with minor alterations here and there as needed. Now, they *should* have all that info on file already but I'm guessing the new assessor likely won't have that info to hand or "have the time" to access it from records...and so it's worth adding this long descriptor replies? Just like a new application?

4) My health conditions are identical/slightly worse than they were when I last claimed...but I have been diagnosed with leukaemia within the last year. As I was already on the higher rate for both PIP components I actively decided not to inform them about the leukaemia. The leukaemia certainly hasn't improved any of the problems I am awarded PIP for(!) and I wasn't in the mood to go through a PIP review whilst starting on the chemo therapy "journey".
Will they attempt to penalise me for not telling them about the leukaemia? I'd like to think not but this is the DWP/ ATOS after all.

As always, thank you so much for the help and info.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #283201 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
B

1. Yes, the PIP.1043 is the AR1 Review form.

2. Yes, this is a reasonable approach

4. I can't recommend this approach. Whilst it is one thing not to inform the DWP of a deterioration in your health when they have not specifically requested the information but this form is making such a request.

The danger in engaging in such a deceit is that it raises questions about the validity of your other testimony, making it more likely that you will be subjected to a full PIP review.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #283212 by Boomer

4. I can't recommend this approach. Whilst it is one thing not to inform the DWP of a deterioration in your health when they have not specifically requested the information but this form is making such a request.

The danger in engaging in such a deceit is that it raises questions about the validity of your other testimony, making it more likely that you will be subjected to a full PIP review.

Apologies Gordon, my wording wasn't clear, to clarify:

I fully intend to disclose the leukemia diagnosis in this reassessment form but was just wondering if "they" are likely to take a dim view of me not informing them at the time of diagnosis, last Summer? Even though the illness obviously didn't have a "helpful" impact on the other health conditions I was awarded PIP for, twice since 2016. Indeed, it worsened them if anything... but I was already on the higher PIP rates anyway and knew a review would be along soon so it all seemed rather moot at the time. Particularly as I had more pressing concerns at the time of diagnosis.

In summary, I absolutely intend to make them aware of the illness in this reassessment whatever the consequences

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.