× Members

Third time into the PIP ordeal.

More
1 year 2 days ago #283852 by Boomer
Replied by Boomer on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
Good afternoon all.

I received a text confirming receipt of my PIP review form etc.

Ill be reviewed by IAS as I'm in the SE. Has anyone got a vague idea what the wait is these days before I hear about the potential assessment or next step etc?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 days ago #283854 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
Hi Boomer,

Unfortunately, based on my own experience, and reading from various people on here, it is likely to be months.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 1 day ago #283890 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
Hi Boomer,
In response to one if your previous posts. There is no need to inform DWP of a deterioration in health when it won't affect your benefit. You stated you received Enhanced Rate of both Daily Living and Mobility so no need.
I woukd definitely mention the Leukaemia now, as it clearly reinforces that (together with other health issues) you are likely to remain eligible for Enhanced Rate.
I suspect that Leukaemia will interact with other conditions. Obvious effects might be additional fatigue, drug side affects etc.

I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286370 by Boomer
Sorry, I forgot to thank you for your kind reply!

Well...

I got a text message today. It said a decision had been made and I'll get a letter within 2 weeks to tell me the decision. This is interesting.

I've not had an assessment you see. This text came after me only having filled out the reassessment form and sending it away with supporting medical evidence etc.

The wording mentions no need for an assessment by a HP. Simply that a decision has already been made.

I can't but help feel this might mean they have upheld my claim without change? Im almost scared to have typed that as I don't want to tempt fate.

Any thoughts?

Thanks as always.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #286374 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Third time into the PIP ordeal.
Hi Boomer,

Decisions can be made solely on paperwork and evidence alone, but in my experience, it tends to be good news for the claimant, but hopefully you'll find out soon.
If you call the PIP enquiry line in a few days, it usually tells you on the phone what your award is before you speak to anyone, so this might put your mind at rest.

Regards, Chris.

Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286382 by Boomer
Thanks for the info Chris.

Didn't know the info might be given out automatically on the enquiry line. Thanks for that. I might wait on the letter anyway, in case it's bad news. I don't want to hear that just before Christmas as I struggle with this time of year at the best of times.

Thanks once again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid