× Members

PIP Telephone Tribunal Hearing - 17/06/2023

More
10 months 1 week ago #285496 by Quizzical
Replied by Quizzical on topic PIP Telephone Tribunal Hearing - 17/06/2023
Hi Jackie0. I know this is an awful and stressful process (from start to finish). I'm glad it's over for you (for now). I just wanted to ask about afterwards and getting the back pay. Did dwp ring or write to you before paying back pay and ask if your husband had been in hospital. If so, did they stipulate a particular time period I.e in the last year or from assessment etc or for how long I.e 4 weeks. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286309 by JackieO
Replied by JackieO on topic PIP Telephone Tribunal Hearing - 17/06/2023
Hello, So sorry for the delay in replying, but I have only just seen your message; and thank you for your kind words.

Once the award was agreed , the DWP acknowledged this within a few days, via a telephone call, which only asked whether the original bank account details we had given at the beginning of the process were the same. There was no mention of any hospital stays. The back pay was then put into the account (as the process had taken over a year) within a few days and the formal paperwork confirming the award followed.

I hope this is helpful.

Warm wishes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.