× Members

Help with filling in PIP reveiw form Welfare Rights question.

More
1 year 7 months ago #277097 by Perdita
Hi criscarp Sorry, just a member here. There is no way I would be happy to allow the lady from Welfare Rights to take control and attempt to complete a PIP review form in 30 minutes. Just my opinion, it has to be your decision. If the Review form does not gain you the Award you believe you deserve, you will be then stuck with it as your 'platform' for a MR, or possibly an Appeal. I think you sound a cautious person, and come across as wording things pretty well (my opinion of your post above), and would benefit from completing the form yourself so you can explain all your difficulties exactly as they are, and in your own time allowing more than 30 minutes! From my experience there is more knowledge on this site than I have found from my CAB, by the way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, BIS, criscarp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #277107 by criscarp
Thank you all for your comments. I did cancel the appointment with Welfare Rights and I am going to complete the form myself, I was most of the way through the answers in a word document. The problem is I wasted 3 weeks waiting to go to the Welfare Rights and only have a couple of days left to get it back. I have read the guide it is very long but helpful. And obviously if I right the form myself I can rely on what I have stated in a MR or tribunal
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 year 7 months ago #277109 by BIS
Hi Criscarp

Ring and ask for an extension. (I know people who have been given at least two extensions. It's not the norm, but it happens). Good luck. You can do this

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, criscarp

More
4 months 1 week ago #291577 by criscarp
Its been a while since I posted my original topic. I would like to thank everyone that commented. Its also taken some time to complete the review process of my PIP claim but I was awarded Full for both for 5 years following a telephone assessment, no MR required this time.

I was awarded it about 1 month ago, very stressful process. Capita canceled my telephone appointment 4 times in the morning of the assessment day saying the assessor was not available. Also even though I pre-notified Capita I required the assessment recorded on the 5th arranged appointment and 5 days taken holidays off work by my daughter the assessor said they were having technical issues with the device and could not connect it to the internet but that I could record it if I wanted or they could re-arrange the assessment. I went ahead with it and pretended I was recording. The actual review report was genuinely fair unlike my previous review. I think I was lucky to have had a good assessor this time but they did bring the assessment to an abruptly end at exactly 1 hour.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

More
4 months 1 week ago #291583 by Catherine
Hello criscarp,

Thank you for sharing that. It is really encouraging for everyone to hear account of people getting the right award as an outcome of the initial assessment.

Sorry to hear about all the appointments, but hopefully the frustration of those will soon fade in the celebration of the result.

Best wishes,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.