× Members

ESA

More
4 days 19 hours ago #294867 by Cariad
ESA was created by Cariad
I had a telephone assessment last week for ESA. I have a few physical health conditions and mental health conditions including PTSD and severe anxiety.
The health professional only asked questions relating to my mental health and it’s impact on my daily life and didn’t ask anything about my physical health conditions. Is it possible than that I may be placed into the support group based on the impact of my mental health issues alone. I assume not questioning my physical conditions would mean not assessing my health fully and not giving the decision maker the full picture to make the final decision.
The health professional also asked me to answer yes or no to some questions as she recognised and acknowledged the distress and panic I was experiencing throughout the assessment. I am concerned about this in hindsight however my support worker was party to the call and spoke on my behalf when she could.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 days 17 hours ago #294871 by David
Replied by David on topic ESA
Hi Cariad,

It is great that you had your support worker with you as an independent witness. It sounds like your health professional was being considerate and we can only hope you will be placed in the Support Group which is possible on mental health reasons alone.
You could try phoning ESA and ask for a copy of the ESA85 which is the report on your assessment. Usually though they won't post it until a decision has been made.

Hope this helps,
David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 days 3 hours ago #294889 by Cariad
Replied by Cariad on topic ESA
Thank you David, I will contact them for a copy of the report.
I’m assuming that not asking about the impact of my physical health conditions would mean I could use this fact if I needed to challenge the decision if not placed in the support group.

More
3 days 23 hours ago #294893 by David
Replied by David on topic ESA
Hi Cariad,

Yes you could use that fact to challenge the decision if the time came. At the end of the day it's all about points and generating them from the descriptors.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cariad

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.