× Members

NS ESA Support Group and selling own items

More
6 days 23 hours ago #294828 by slothie*
Hello
I'd appreciate some expert knowledge/advice. I receive NS ESA and do permitted work, however I have been put in the support group. I checked and this can happen.

I earn £32/week less than the permitted amount, and work 13 hours a week, in a job that I can do, but it's a toxic environment/boss.
Until I can find something else part-time for under 16 hours/week, I need to know:

1. Would I have to tell DWP of change of job, even though it would meet NS ESA criteria?
2. To increase my income slightly, by selling my used items online, can I do this with regards to income limit, or is it not counted as it is own items/not for profit - also would i need to declare that?

The only other benefit I receive is PIP, which I am due in 2 weeks to have a telephone assessment for a change of circumstances, which I am dreading.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 9 minutes ago #294864 by David
Replied by David on topic NS ESA Support Group and selling own items
Hi slothie*,

Yes you would need to tell the DWP of a change of job as it is part of the declaration on the Form PW1 that at some point you would have signed.
As far as selling items online ( such as using eBay ) , the DWP distinguishes between selling former personal possessions and selling items which were purchased with the intention to trade. The former is allowed but the latter would result in a DWP investigation.

Good luck with your PIP.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slothie*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.