× Members

Universal Credit Migration Notice

More
1 week 1 day ago #294792 by helpme
Universal Credit Migration Notice was created by helpme
Hi. Please could someone help me. I have received my letter re: Universal Credit Migration Notice from Housing Benefit. I am confused about when the claim date actually starts. Does the claim date start when you complete the to do list? Or when you have verified identity and uploaded documents they ask for? I have been told different things. Also, please does anyone know how the claim date affects my final housing benefit payment from my local authority? I have been told different things again. Help would be greatly received. Thank you.

Also is it wise to consent to DWP UC contacting GP and other health professionals about how my conditions affect my ability to work? I don't think they would know. Is this a consent to DWP UC being able to access all my medical records with my GP or just being able to contact/write to my GP to ask for more information? What are the consequences of not consenting? Again, thank you for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 16 hours ago #294817 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Universal Credit Migration Notice
Hi helpme

The letter you get from your local authority will inform you that your HB will be stopping, UC migration notice will be issue by the DWP.

UC will not start until you have had an appointment with your workcoach and you have signed your claimant commitment.

Your HB usually ends when you apply for UC. UC will send your LA notice that you have applied for UC.

Some members on the forum are dead against giving permission others have no issues, it is an individual thing. I have no preference one way or the other.

The consequences of not consenting could be a hold up in your claim or even your claim being refused. We have heard on the forum from members who have refused and been awarded the benefit.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.