× Members

Are all claimants migrating from ESA to UC required to complete the UC50 form?

More
1 week 1 day ago #294790 by WillowTree
Hello,

New member here! I’m due for migration from ESA to UC (awaiting the migration letter from the DWP).

On page 13 of your ESA and UC guide it says the following:

“In practice the DWP try to pick out all the most severely disabled people who are eligible for the support group as early as possible, based on medical certificates from their doctor. This is done before you are even sent a questionnaire to complete”

Does the above apply to people migrating from ESA to UC? Will I be given the opportunity to submit medical evidence before being asked to complete the UC50 form? And is it possible that I won’t be required to complete the UC50 if they decide the evidence is suffice to keep me in the support group at that stage? (my disability is quite severe and I’m currently in the support group)
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 16 hours ago #294816 by Gary
Hi WillowTree

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

As you are in receipt of ESA support, when you migrate from ESA to UC you should be placed in the LCWRA group without having to complete a WCA form.

What can happen is once you are in receipt of UC and the LCWRA element, DWP will review your claim and send you a new UC50 form to complete. If you kept a copy of your old one (ESA50 form) you can use it as a template to complete the new form and make any adjustments for new medications and conditions.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, WillowTree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.