× Members

PIP when on State pension

More
1 week 1 day ago #294768 by Unique1
PIP when on State pension was created by Unique1
Hi

I am in receipt of PIP in respect of my mental health. I was awarded 10 years approx 4 years ago. I receive £434.20 a month PIP.
I commenced state pension last year so I realise I cannot apply for any new assessment or increase re change of circumstances and that’s fine. I’m not up to the trouble of all that.

I have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis ..do I need to let DWP know. ..i am currently not well and don’t feel up to having interaction with them. Although don’t wish to do anything incorrect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #294781 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP when on State pension
Hi Unique1

Once you reach state pension age, if you receive the standard mobility component of PIP, you cannot apply for a change of circumstances to try and get the enhanced mobility component.
If you receive the standard daily living component of PIP and your condition get worse, you can apply for a change of circumstances to get the enhanced daily living component of PIP.

It is completely up to you to report a change of circumstances if your condition deteriorates, if on the other hand your condition gets better then you need to report a change straight away.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unique1

More
4 days 1 hour ago #294892 by mrs doyle
Replied by mrs doyle on topic PIP when on State pension
When reporting a change like this,would it mean having a completely new assessment ?

More
3 days 21 hours ago #294901 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP when on State pension
Hi Mrs Doyle

The type of assessment required when a person reports a change of circumstances varies. Usually, they send out a review form and then proceed from there. Some people fill out the entire review form, and sometimes, people only fill out one part. However, it's best to make sure what the DWP wants. Once the form is returned, the DWP decides whether to do a paper-based assessment, telephone assessment, or video assessment — unlikely to be a face-to-face assessment.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrs doyle

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.