× Members

PIP Tel. Assessment on 5 days' notice form receipt of letter

More
1 week 2 days ago #294750 by anne3427
Hello, I wonder can anyone help?

My husband is applyng for PIP and has received a notification of telephone assessment. The letter is dated 12th September, received today, 18th September for the assessment at 8am on Monday 23rd September, giving less than 5 days' notice.

Does the 7 days notice run from the date on the letter or the date of receipt?

I understand that if he asks for a postponement then he cannot ask for another postponement. Does insisting on the 7 days' notice count as a request for postponement?

He's in a quandary, we have builders here due to finish on Friday, that gives him 2 days (Saturday and Sunday) to prepare in peace. If he insists on the 7 days he's worried that they'll reschedule for 30th September when I have to be away from home with my sister and Dad attending a cruicial health appointment for my Dad - the diagnosis at the health appointment may well be devastating and I know I'll be in no state to accompany my husband effectively in his PIP assessment without a few days to pull myself together after my Dad's appointment, my memory and processing times are not good at the best of times and if things go as badly as we fear for my Dad I'm worried that I won't be much use to my husband in his assessment.

If he is able to reschedule, is it possible to ask for an assessment later in the day - his health difficulties mean that he has really broken sleep so he's never much use in the mornings.

Sorry to bang so many questions into one post and thank you in anticipation of any help you can give.

ps, I'm not my husband's carer, he's mine - we're already struggling with the deterioration in his health impacting his ability to support me but because our impairments have quite different effects we're just about getting by although his usual long-suffering, patient demeanor is being tested by his health difficulties and whilst I'm trying my hardest not to rely on him too much, it's definitely causing tension.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 20 hours ago #294805 by BIS
Hi anne3427

That isn't seven days notice. Contact them and say so, and insist on being given a new date. Ask them for a time that suits you. If they offer you a date you can't make, like the 30th of September - say you are unavailable. You don't have to go into details (in my view it's none of their business) - but your husband can say his support is unavailable. People are entitled to have support with them on the call.

Don't apologise for asking questions - that's what we're here for.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Jorvick88

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.