× Members

ESA & INHERITANCE

More
1 week 3 days ago #294703 by Panda01
ESA & INHERITANCE was created by Panda01
HI
I am currently on ESA (CB) only with no IR top up.and have just had my PIP claim approved. I am in receipt of no means tested benefit at all but am about to receive some inheritance.
My question is will this affect my benefit at all and as executor the money will be paid into my account for myself and the other beneficiaries so will this impact my benefit and do I have to inform DWP?
Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #294706 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA & INHERITANCE
Hi Panda01

Unless you are receiving a pension, any monies you receive you do not need to be reported.

You only have to report savings/capital if you receive any means tested benefits.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 2 days ago #294761 by Panda01
Replied by Panda01 on topic ESA & INHERITANCE
Hi Gary
Thank you so much for your response, its greatly appreciated but could you just confirm the following just to be 100% clear and to put my mind at rest
I have gone through my letters and my benefit is referred to as
New Style ESA and Im in the support group is this contribution based ESA and not means tested benefit
I just wanted to avoid confusion and ensure New Style ESA does in fact refer to Contributon based ESA and isnt means tested.
Thank you

More
1 week 1 day ago #294776 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA & INHERITANCE
Hi Panda01

You are correct, NS ESA is the same as contribution based ESA - based on your NI contributions.

IR ESA is the same as UC, both means tested.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.