× Members

ESA to UC Migration - Fit Note?

More
1 week 4 days ago #294679 by Oni
ESA to UC Migration - Fit Note? was created by Oni
I receive income based ESA and am in the support group. When I migrate from ESA to UC will I have to supply a fit note? This is something I have not had to do for over 10 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #294710 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA to UC Migration - Fit Note?
Hi One

Providing there has been no break in your claim, not even i day then you should not need to provide a fit note as you should go straight on to LCWRA group.

We have heard stories where claimants have been asked to provide a fit note, this is incorrect and we would advise you to ask to speak to your work coach manager as what they are asking for is incorrect.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: j112009, VIA

More
1 week 2 days ago #294758 by Oni
Replied by Oni on topic ESA to UC Migration - Fit Note?
Thanks, Gary
That's really helpful.
I was last assessed for my ESA claim late 2019. Will I still transfer to UC based on my last assessment; and then be reassessed at a later date on UC, or am I likely to be assessed before I can have the LCWRA element included in my claim?

More
1 week 1 day ago #294775 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA to UC Migration - Fit Note?
Hi Oni

We hear mixed messages on the forum, some claimants who have moved from IR ESA support to UC and awarded the LCWRA shortly afterwards receive a review form.

Is it a coincident? I have no idea, personally I think not, but that is just me.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.