× Members

Radom PIP phone "consultation" with 1 weeks notice - New company HAAS

More
1 week 4 days ago #294673 by Greeny1210
Hi guys

I am stressing out a bit as I have just received a text from a company called "Health Assessment Advisory Service" (HAAS) Saying I have a phone consultation with them in 7 days which is a joke IMHO
I was awarded higher rate for both a few years ago for a spinal cord injury and was sent review papers last year (no changes for the better) but it was a last-minute rush (also have ADHD so I tend to do that with everything) so I had no chance to photocopy the stuff I sent off so...Nothing for me to refer back to, I also used the benefits services of a spinal cord injury charity for my initial claim and it's a lot longer than a weeks wait to speak to them initially once your case isn't active so to speak.

Now all my dealings have been face-to-face despite it being awkward, but for such a big thing I prefer it I think even though I always get screwed to some extent and have to fight their blatant lies, is this the new way they are doing things? I know they are looking to screw us disabled people once more so I am highly suspicious, how am I meant to get any info ready I may need In one week?
it doesn't help it's 9 am and I am generally awake till between 4-7 am as my sleep is shocking so I'll be an incoherent mess anyway:unsure:

is this the kind of "consultation" where they can stop my pip etc or more casual? surely I need to have spoken to an advisor and have my review forms in front of me?

any advise much appreciated
cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 21 hours ago #294801 by BIS
Hi Greeny1210

The assessment services are supposed to give you 7 days' notice, which they have done so - this isn't a new thing. Since the pandemic, the majority of assessments have been carried out over the phone. Very few assessments have been done face-to-face.

If you want a face-to-face interview - you could ask them if they would do one. As this company is new, I have no idea whether they are conducting any face-to-face interviews. If the time is not right for you - you could also ask them to change the time.

I assume that the 'consultation' is a proper assessment - but I could be wrong, and you would need to confirm that when the person rings. The call may be to confirm what you put on your review form. Either way - I would never assume these calls are 'casual'. I hope that by now you would have received written confirmation of the call.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.