× Members

pip review form and changes

More
1 week 4 days ago #294653 by Kim
pip review form and changes was created by Kim
This morning I got a text to say they are sending me out a review form and to contact them in two weeks if i haven't received it.

Firstly, If I get information from here will the structure and advice be up to date given the change of government?

originally I was given DLA for life, then PIP took its place and I had to start again, I was given three years and was reviewed three years later, at this point I was told I didn't qualify for it and I had to appeal, during the time I was without pip I also lost my care (because my council said they couldn't contribute because i'd been turned down for PIP ) but one of my carers who became a friend found me and called an ambulance, then her and another carer actually came in each day without pay knowing I may never be able to pay them. ( i am getting direct payments ) I took an overdose, not because I was crying for help but because I wanted to die ( I still do sometimes, like this morning when I got that text message ) After I took the overdose and they let me leave the hospital I was told to contact DWP and tell them, I did this and I was told I'd just get a light touch in 5 years, that means next august.
To say I am stressed and worried is an understatement.

Will I just get this light touch ? it was said over the phone and not in writing.

Any thoughts anyone has or if you know anything i'd be greatful to hear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #294660 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic pip review form and changes
Hi Kim

There have been no changes to the PIP process since the government came in - so just follow the guide to complete your form.

On your form, ask them to do a paper-based review because of your mental health. Repeat what you were told over the phone - about being given a 'light touch review'. A light touch review should be paper-based if a claimant's condition has not changed. I know you were only told that, and you don't have it in writing, but that's how I would approach it. Put the request in the section where they ask for any further information or on a separate piece of paper.

If you send back the form and you then receive a text inviting you to a telephone assessment, you put in a request to change to a paper-based review. If they refuse, you can request it for a second time. If you have a doctor who will write a supporting letter saying that you are not fit for a telephone assessment - get hold of it. Nothing is certain, and no one has a legal right to a paper-based review - but if you find yourself having to challenge it - you should do so.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 2 days ago #294724 by Kim
Replied by Kim on topic pip review form and changes
Thank you that's very helpful. Like most people this just feels like unnecessary stress but thank you 😊

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.