× Members

Received PIP for 7 years and lockdown telephone assess 6 months early and refuse

More
1 week 5 days ago #294641 by Carla
Please help me.

Hi everyone, I need help because I have many mental health problems Inc borderline personalities disorder, bipolar, complex PTSD, generalised anxiety disorder, clinical depression and in 2013 a tribunal awarded me standard care and standard mobility and then 2017 after having a assessment at home due to inability to go to assessment centre and my claim continued with the same rates. My health problems got way worse a few years after when my 2 year old daughter was removed by social services, a lot due to my mental health and not being able to care for her properly so I report to pip and ask for a reassessment as i only needed 1 more point to get enhanced care rate. The answer was that my rates were to remain the same so I asked for a tribunal and that was in either 2019 or 2020 and they upheld the decision to stay the same.

My next assessment I was told was due in October 2020. Suddenly in lockdown I had a lot of the blue unplanned telephone consultation in May 2020 so was 6 month's early and this was terrible. The woman sounded as if she had no idea what I was on about. She sounded like she was reading a script. She wrote thing's in ways that could be viewed differently and I struggle to open up about my health. After 7 years of getting PIP where 2 tribunals agree the award, I was completely taken off PIP altogether. That affected my esa hugely as my severe disability premium was removed.

I never tried fighting it. I gave up and became suicidal. It's taken till now to make a new claim.

Is there anything I can do now about the removal of my pip as i mentally couldn't do anything untill now.

Please help! !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #294664 by BIS
Hi Carla

I'm sorry you found yourself in such a position. Unfortunately, you cannot appeal the removal of your PIP after all this time. You can only challenge the decision up to a year after it was made, and you are well outside that time frame.

As hard as it is, I would use your energy to put in your new claim.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 17 hours ago #294813 by Carla
Thought as much but wanted to make sure.

Also I received a text message with a telephone assessment booked for beginning of October which I struggle with and always had a assessor come to my home and do it face to face.

Can u ask for a change?

More
1 week 16 hours ago #294815 by Gary
Hi Carla

You can always ask and explain why you need a home visit.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.