× Members

Legacy Benefits migration

More
1 week 5 days ago #294634 by vic
Legacy Benefits migration was created by vic
Hi
I am not sure if i have mentioned this before (my memory is getting messy )
I am a bit lost with how & when i will be asked to migrate to UC ?
I have always been on contribution based Esa support group long term ( and think i am still on it but not 100% sure ) but started getting esa Income related top up when i became single in 2019 ,when i separated & got divorced .I also get housing benefit .
How will that effect migration for me ,will i still get contribution based Esa & my Ni stamp paid by the Dwp or will i go onto UC fully ?
I am worried like everyone else & don't think its straight forward .
The yearly letter what i get off the Dwp youst to be simple to read explaining my stamp will be paid due to being in contribution but not has been clear the last 2 years of receiving the letter ,says my stamp will be paid but doesn't mention contribution.
thanks if you can help
vic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #294650 by David
Replied by David on topic Legacy Benefits migration
Hi vic,

The DWP haven't told us the dates that UC Managed Migration will take place in the different areas of the UK.
However your Conts based ESA will not be affected by Migration and you will carry on receiving Class 1 National Insurance Credits ( Regulation 8(2)(a) of the Social Security (Credits) Regulations 1975)

When you receive the UC Migration letter most people also are given the phone number of Citizens Advice Help to Claim who will guide you through the process.

Hope this helps,
David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, vic

More
1 week 2 days ago #294752 by VIA
Replied by VIA on topic Legacy Benefits migration
Hello vic,
I am on ESA support group, child benefit, child tax credit, and housing benefit and I got a migration to UC letter less than a month ago.
Best wishes
The following user(s) said Thank You: David, vic

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.