× Members

ESA contribution based sipp

More
1 week 5 days ago #294627 by Lisa
ESA contribution based sipp was created by Lisa
Hello everyone. I am on contribution based ESA. I have pensions I want to combined into one sipp pot. That I can drawer down when I need money. I have asked contributions based ESA is this ok and will I be stopped any ESA. They came back said ok as long as not regular payment. The question is if I drawer down once a year example is that classed as regular. What is not classed as regular. Still waiting for an answer and has been going on for 5 months. I am unable to combine my pensions to sipp until they get back to me with an accurate answer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #294700 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA contribution based sipp
Hi Lisa

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Your question is outside the remit of the forum.

The first lump sum that you take should be treated as capital and therefore should have no effect on your ESA(CB), any regular payments and possibly and any second lump sum will be treated as pension income and may reduce your ESA(CB) depending on the amount.

There is an £85/week disregard followed by a £1/week deduction for every £2 in excess of the £85. If you draw down on more than one pension add them together to get a weekly amount.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.