× Members

Further questions re: ESA50 form

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294529 by L Bowen
Further questions re: ESA50 form was created by L Bowen
Further to my topic of 11/09/2024, I have some further questions:

I notice we can send in a symptom diary to show how our condition affects us, day to day, if we say our symptoms vary on the ESA50 form. I’m not able to send a symptom diary as I don’t have one. My form is due back on 19/09/2024. Is it possible I could start keeping a diary and send it in later?

Regarding the question about our behaviour affecting others, I answered it didn’t affect others but now I’m thinking again. I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder traits and this has caused difficult behaviour. I can become easily upset which may cause sudden angry outbursts or cause me to break down crying and walk out of situations I find difficult (eg in a stressful work situation). I’m wondering whether to tick ‘yes’ to the question?

Re: completing the form: I filled my details in capital letters but noticed, too late, I should have filled all the form in capitals. Would the form be acceptable as is or will DWP reject it and stop my benefit until I resend the form correctly filled in?

Also, I wish to send the form via a tracked and signed for service, rather than relying on the first class paid envelope provided. Under tracked and signed, I’m not sure whether to send the form to the address on the envelope, the post handling site, or direct to the local Health Assessment Advisory Service office?

Many thanks in anticipation of your reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #294566 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Further questions re: ESA50 form
Hi L Bowen

You can send in a day diary at a later date but it would depend how much later, if your condition does not change much each week then send in a weeks worth.

I cannot answer your second paragraph, if you tick yes write an explanation next to the box

Providing they can read your handwriting then it will not matter, some claimants type it out and then paste it on the form, you just need to remember that it will be scanned.

Providing there is a post code then send it to the address on the envelope by recorded delivery, make sure you keep a copy of the form and any supporting documents you send in.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.