× Members

PIP Planning and following a route to another place, advice please

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #294344 by CLINTIAN
HI and thank you for all the kind work you do,

I have read all the fact sheets etc. but I am confused and still need advice on this dilemma we have.

My son [in his 30`s and always lived with us] has since a child diagnosed mental health issues such as: autism spectrum disorder. social anxiety disorder, social phobia, depression, insomnia, behavioural problems, low mood.
Previously on DLA but been on PIP For the past 7+ years and always Enhanced care & Standard mobility, the mobility was awarded for planning & following a journey: 1e cannot undertake any journey…. [10 points],

We have received a review your award recently [PIP. 1043], now his going out varies and so the big dilemma is that my son is now bordering/edging on from on the majority of days: 1e cannot undertake any journey…. [10 points], to what we now think could possibly be on the majority of days can go out but: 1f Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person [12 points] as for the past 7+ years on the few days in which he could go out it was only ever with another person [myself/family member], but going out always causes him overwhelming psychological distress [which we have mentioned this distress on previous reviews over the years and once had a phone call years back to help clarify this and we did say at the moment he couldn’t leave the house for the majority of days in a week and so awarded 1e cannot undertake any journey…. [10 points].

Questions are: -

1. should we try for: 1f Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person [12 points] or stick with: 1e cannot undertake any journey…. [10 points], or keep things as is?

2. is it more difficult to get: 1f Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person [12 points] with the mental illnesses he has?

3. If we do try for: 1f Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person [12 points] the form asks you: Tell us if something has changed and when, do we put down todays date for example?

Myself with my son are trying our best for him to get out the house more often but he is worried immensely to the point of more panic attacks [which is one of his conditions] worrying over this, he is scared that even though he is trying his best to go out he might end up losing the mobility award he receives altogether, we just don’t know even how to fully explain this on the form if we do go ahead and try for: 1f Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person [12 points]

Thank you so much for any help or advice on this and thank you again for all the good work you do for everyone on here,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294464 by Chris
Hi CLINTIAN,

Unfortunately as a moderator, we are not allowed to answer personally on specific questions - however, what I can say is, from my pov, the best option to select is the one that happens 50% or more of the time within a week, based on the learning of the guides on our website.

Other claimants may be able to advise however.

Hope this helps,

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINTIAN

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #294482 by LL26
Hi CLINTIAN,
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...consideration#291882
This is a link to a response I wrote earlier about choosing which mobility descriptor is appropriate. I'm hoping this might be of use to you.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINTIAN

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.