× Members

Migration, forced from IR ESA to UC

• Perdita
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 month 1 week ago #294261 by Perdita
Migration, forced from IR ESA to UC was created by Perdita
Please can you let me know if this migration can be completed entirely remotely, including signing any forms etc and providing ID. (I am especially concerned that the provision of ID might have to be a face to face thing). I cannot do face to face engagement at all and need to know how I stand as I am due to migrate September onwards. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #294271 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Migration, forced from IR ESA to UC
Hi Perdita

For most claimants when applying for UC it is done online, although there will be exceptions.

Proving your identity can also be done online, if you fail to provide specific documents then you will have to go in person to prove your identity. If you have a Gov Gateway number, then you have already proved your identity; www.gov.uk/government/publications/acces...ment-gateway-account

Unfortunately completing UC online is only the start, you will be asked to make an appointment to see a workcoach and sign a claimant commitment, if you have not been able to proved your identity online, then your workcoach will ask you for specific documents to prove your identity for when you have your appointment.

If you have issues in face to face engagement, we would advise you to contact UC helpline for advice 0800 328 5644/5646/9344, they do have home visiting officers, but that would involve face to face engagement. Please keep us informed on how you get on, it will be helpful to other members.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Perdita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.